September 13, 2018 at 6:57 pmmaryam.mosayebiSubscriber
Does anyone know how I can simulate my design in workbench with volume changing?
I mean adding minimum and maximum of volume as a boundary condition?
September 13, 2018 at 7:17 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please reply with an image in the post that shows in more detail your design and what physics are you trying to simulate.
September 13, 2018 at 7:28 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Yes, but you would have to use either parametric optimization using (Design Explorer or OptiSlang) or topology optimization. Note that using Topology Optimization while minimizing the mass/volume would also change the shape of your structure (you can choose to maintain the outer shape depending on your need.
As Peter says, please reply with an image that describes your problem.
September 14, 2018 at 9:43 am
September 14, 2018 at 9:47 ammaryam.mosayebiSubscriber
I upload the shape to define my simulation better. As I am a starter to workbench and I couldn't find tutorial for volume deformation, can you please give me more information or a link of tutorial?
September 14, 2018 at 1:30 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
I still don't understand if you are trying to do a structural simulation or an FSI problem.
Either way, you can access all our tutorial links in this discussion.
September 15, 2018 at 9:58 ammaryam.mosayebiSubscriber
I want to do FSI problem for the cylinder shape but first I have to show the deformation in my simulation.
Thank you for your cooperation,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.