June 22, 2023 at 3:59 pmFadi AlSubscriber
Having trouble loading an existing project where I was given the Workbench files with the _files folder and whenever I attempt to initialize generating the volume mesh, the progress gets stuck at 30% even with different min/max cell sizes. This is for Ansys Fluent R1 2023 and I am unsure if this is due to a hardware issue or not since the geometry contains millions of cells. My laptop has 6 cores - 12 threads @ 2.6 - 4.5 GHz and 16 GB RAM so I am wondering if upgrading to 64 GB of RAM would help or not. Thank you for the help.
June 26, 2023 at 5:27 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Here are platform recommendations
With 16GB you can generate around 40 to 45 M tet cells depending on the geometry complexity and sizing used.
Please go through help manual for more details
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.