Fluids

Fluids

Volumetric Smoothing

• zakmt293
      Subscriber

Greetings

Respected experts I hope you are fine. I am working on simulation of bubble growth. I am doing volumetric smoothing initially and add mass due to evaporation in certain cells. But after sometime this smoothing disappears. There is a mention that we can do such smoothing later on as well. But probably it would be a manual work for which we have to stop simulation. Can we adopt this method without stopping the simulation and is there any way that can help me.

Thank You

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

There is a smoothing option in the VOF patching tool in Fluent. Not sure what you mean by smoothing later on: won't that change the solution? 

• zakmt293
      Subscriber

Yes it would change  the solution but in my case it cannot impact to most the parameters that I am studying. Can we change it later on without stopping our simulation???

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

No. You need to stop the simulation or adjust the whole code to add additional smoothing.

• zakmt293
      Subscriber

Greetings

Respected Sir sorry for replying late. Will adjusting the code do you think it would be difficult task. I do know some basics of UDF. Do you have any kind of tutorial or any kind of data that can help me with it. Would be thankful for you coordination.

Thank You

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The only UDF guide we can share is in the Documentation for Fluent: you can access this through "Help" in Fluent. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.