March 13, 2023 at 8:11 amMarcos GarciaSubscriber
I have a question about the von misses stress in holes. I'm using a cylindrical support on the hole during the simulation and, when I'm trying to analyze the stress convergence, the von misses stress is higher in every analysis in which the mess is edited.
How could I avoid this stress concentrator? Maybe using a very small fillet on the hole edge? The maximum stress is located on the edge of the hole, it means that the area is 0 and the stress is going to be higher in every simulation.
I know that it's possible to check it with the averaged/unaverged stress, but I want to know if there is another kind of option to reach the stress convergence using the "convergence" option inside Von Mises Stress.
Thanks in advance,
March 13, 2023 at 9:30 amNanda VerallaAnsys Employee
Yes, you can simply add a small fillet to reduce that stress concentrator. Go through this link for a better understanding of dealing with high stress.
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
How to access ANSYS help links
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.