July 27, 2022 at 3:32 pmvatakereSubscriber
I am having issues simulating an airfoil and its Cp vs x/c curve. It's supposed to have an Reynolds number of 1.975e5, but the flow does not appear to be in that regime. The pressure coefficent curve does not matach with the experimental data and has some spikes in it while the voritcity magnitude contour has pockets of slightly higher velocity at the leading edge. The mesh is also refined to its optimal state (yplus around 1). Do you know what is causing these issues?
July 28, 2022 at 3:59 pmRKAnsys Employee
You will need to check the boundary conditions and the setup. Here is a tutorial that would be helpful : Flow over an Airfoil - ANSYS Innovation Courses
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Exporting Data Results
- error in cfd post