3D Design

3D Design

Wall and wall-shadow was found but no zone condition.

• lancer
      Subscriber

Hello,

Recently I came across a fluent file but I cannot get the geometry of the fluent file. So that why I need help.

The situation its like this, I found a tubular geometry where there is a wall and wall-shadow adjacent to the cathode and anode. But the wall and wall-shadow is the electrolyte. Suppose there should be a zone condition for electrolyte but there is not. and Anode and Cathode are fluid zone but need to have a solid zone for it to have wall and wall-shadow boundary if I am not mistaken. I guess the interface between the anode and cathode are electrolyte but how can you make interface a solid zone?

Anyone can help?

Below are the picture associated with my problem:

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

If I understand it correctly, please change interface type to 'wall' under boundary conditions panel. 

Please go through help manual for more details 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

• lancer
      Subscriber

So does this mean I need electrolyte part when designing the model in Geometry and Meshing before uploading into Fluent Solver? 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

yes

• lancer
      Subscriber

But how did it not included in zone condition, I thought that each part created from geometry and meshing, it will appear in zone condition. But, electrolyte exist in the solver but not in zone condition?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

walls are boundaries and not cells. boundary zones are different and cell zones are different. 

• lancer
      Subscriber

I kinda partially get it. So the electrolytes are walls? But, how do you make solid electrolyte wall in between 2 fluid zone?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You will need to have a solid body of electrolyte in SpaceClaim, mesh it in meshing and then move to solver to get cell zone for solid eletrolyte. 

• lancer
      Subscriber

Exactly, if you want to have a wall-electrolyte and wall-electrolyte-shadow, you need to have a solid body electrolyte in the cell zone condition. But, the example I show, they do not. Do you know what I'm talking about?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You will need to use share topology in SpaceClaim before going to meshing. Please check share topology posts on the forum. 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.