Fluids

Fluids

Wall/Wall-shadow pairs not appear

• xin.yang
      Subscriber
      I want to setup the wall interface between the solid zone and fluid zone as a wall/wall-shadow pair. But, after I read in my mesh file, the wall automatically becomes wall and wall:002. Some more details are as follows:nn?tIt is a 2D unstructured mesh generated by ICEM-CFD. There is a wall boundary located at the interface between the fluid zone and solid zone.nn?tI need to make the wall becomes a wall/wall-shadow pair so that I can do heat transfer calculation and use dynamic meshing UDF there. nn?tI cannot find any information realted to this issue in the help document. But from google, it looks like that if the wall is located between the fluid zone and solid zone, Fluent will automatically make the wall becomes a wall/wall-shadow pair. However, for my mesh, when I read in the mesh, the wall becomes wall/wall:002. This is not what I want.nnCould you help me with this?.Many thanks,nn
    • xin.yang
      Subscriber
      I just solved this issue. Just in case anyone else has a similar issue. You can firstly fuse these two boudanries. They will transfer into a interior. Then you can change the boudanry to wall. Then you can get what you want.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Glad that worked. Thanks for sharing the solution.nKarthikn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.