General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Warning: A downstream system …does not have a specified initial state

• Marvin
      Subscriber

Hello,

what does this warning of Ansys Mechanical mean:

"A downstream system providing material data to one or more field variables does not have a specified initial state. The Engineering Data application treats undefined field variables as constants."?

Regards,

Marvin

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Marvin,

That means you have some problem from the definitions in your engineering data. Provide snapshots of the Material of Interest from Engineering data and explain the use of user-defined variables? 

P.S: Please take a moment to look at the Best Practices on the Student Community.

Regards,
      Sandeep
    • Marvin
      Subscriber

The two isotropic materials were made by modifiying Structural Steel from the
      Engineering Data Sources and the composite is a composite UD from Eng. Data Sources with modified elastic values. I deleted the Source links since ANSYS was saying that Materials from previous versions can give wrong results (and they were defined in older version (14.5 now is 19.0).

ANSYS does not specifiy, which material is the problematic one.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

If you right click on a warning and select Go to Object, it should show you the problematic part.

Why do you have 2 different failure criteria in you composite definition? Maybe that is where the warning is coming from.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• aGudalkar1618
      Subscriber

Even I'm having the same issue, but I haven't even changed the properties of static structural. How should I proceed to solve this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.