Photonics

Photonics

Warning about material fit range and simulation bandwidth

Tagged: ,

• chenxi.ma
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Lumerical staff,

I run into a problem where the program prompts a warning that says "material xx uses a fit range that does not fully overlap the simulation bandwidth", as you can see in the image inserted.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Could you please check the source frequency range and post it here please?
    • chenxi.ma
      Subscriber
      Dear gsun, thank you very much for the quick reply. Here is a screenshot of my source parameters.
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      This is a strange issue, as the material fitting is the same as the source. Please check your wall message.
    • chenxi.ma
      Subscriber
      I'm sorry but I have no idea what exactly is the "wall message" you mentioned... Could you please explain it again? Thanks a lot.
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Click your name on screen

• Stranger
      Subscriber
      Has this problem been resolved?
      I have the same problem and I am wondering how I can solve it.
    • chenxi.ma
      Subscriber
      Hi Stranger, unfortunately, it hasn't been solved yet. Do you also use the latest version 2021 R2.3? Did this problem appear recently? Did it happen for some specific simulation files or all of them?
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      After testing, I believe it is more the display issue than the software. You can try in a different computer, or test other online examples.
    • chenxi.ma
      Subscriber
      Thank you!
    • elfarash
      Subscriber
      Hi, I have the same problem
      is there a solution? or it is not an effective problem?

• chenxi.ma
      Subscriber
      Hi elfarash, the Lumerical staff thought it was a display error, instead of a real problem to worry about.
    • jev1
      Subscriber
      I have the same issue with 2021 R2.3. I saw that once in a file you get a warning (because you actually do not fit the ranges correctly), then you will always see the warning afterwards.
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      A few users reported this issue. But I did not find it when I tried to duplicate their materials in simulation, with different newer versions.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.