December 2, 2022 at 8:44 pmMin ZhangSubscriber
I got a lot of warning messages during my Fluent meshing session:
The regions may not be computed correctly.
Found overlapping faces sharing edge bn1134311-bn1134306...
I am wondering why I am getting these warnings, whether it indicates errors in my CAD geometry, and what I should do about these warnings.
December 6, 2022 at 1:43 pmRobAnsys Employee
It can mean you have a folded surface, but it's also possible the surface mesh is chewing up the geometry. Some images of what you're trying to mesh will help. Otherwise, if meshing is sucessful look for very skew cells.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.