Fluids

Fluids

Warning in non-equilibrium condensation

• casale
      Subscriber

Hello, everyone!

I'm working on the non-equilibrium condensation of supercritical CO2.

In my case setting, there are three .RGP files, including co2g, co2l and co2gl. Metastable properties filled the superheat area of co2g.rgp & co2l.rgp. As for co2gl.rgp and the saturation area of co2g.rgp & co2l.rgp, equilibrium properties are adopted. 

Converged result of single phase simulation was used to initiate the field. But, after about two thousand steps, it diverged.

The solver indicated that the calculation of saturation properties beyond tables’ range, such as the saturation temperature at 8.64Mpa. Obviously, there’s no saturation data on this point.So, I’m confused.

But, if I use real gas model, such as ARK EOS, this warning would dissapper.

I have reduced the time step and optimized the quality of the grid. All the settings were referred to the CFX tutorial.

• zhangguojie2015
      Subscriber

Hello, sir, could you do a tutorial for me? I also am interested in the CO2 non-euqilibrium condensation. thank you!

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Here is the tutorial on condensation modeling using FLUENT. But this is not CO2 non-equilibrium condensation.

Fire suppression using CO2 .

Plume dispersion of CO2 into atmosphere

Hope the above links will useful for you.

Regards,

Seeta

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Might be due to the RGP tables and the way they have been created. Do not forget to use "Subcooled" as RGP Liquid Properties.

• casale
      Subscriber

Hello,

You can find it in the CFX tutorial

Regards,

casale

• casale
      Subscriber

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have  used "Subcooled" as RGP Liquid Properties, but it still warnings. 

So I thought this problem should attribute to the  RGP table.

Could you give me a RGP file for non-equilibrium condensation simulation?

Thank you!

Best regards,

casale

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

As ANSYS Stuff I cannot provide you with any files. Check with your ASC if he can check on the portal for some documents for that.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.