Preprocessing

Preprocessing

WARNING on ANSYS CFD MESHING on HPC

• Sam001
      Subscriber

Hello,

I normally, I do have the picture below on my command line(HPC) :

Now, trying to capture every little detail, reducing my mesh size, I had this:

Please, to what percentage do I have the compromise?

Thanks,

Sam

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Check the actual dimension: you may be trying to mesh to a too small number.  If you're modelling something that's built in microns scale up as you're probably beyond the CAD accuracy. 

• Sam001
      Subscriber

Hi rwoolhu,

Thanks for the response. I discovered this problem when Extracting the volume in SpaceClaim with imprints. The CAD itself accuracy is good  and when meshed alone without the volume imprint does not give the warning.

Do you mean the volume extracted CAD accuracy is low?

Thanks,

Sam

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Not low, but you can create problems as the surfaces facet. We also get models built in microns and km (not usually in the same geometry!) so find issues there which may not be found in "normal" CAD models. 

• Sam001
      Subscriber

rwoolhu, 

Are you suggesting multiple volumes instead of one and probably running into contact problems (cyclic dependencies)? 

or Can you suggest how to find the issues?

Thanks,

Sam

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look at the problematic CAD. If you spin it around do any of the faces look "odd". By odd the colour flickers as you move the model.  Pictures would be good! 

• Sam001
      Subscriber

rwoolhou,

I did solve the problem by trying out different CAD formats.

Thanks for the response.

Sam 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.