Preprocessing

Preprocessing

“Warning some of the elements on the problematic bodies cant meet the specificied target metric”

• nahyerz
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, i have a problem on mesh generation. when i generate mesh on my object, there was a message "some of the elements on the problematic bodies cant meet the specificied target metric". what is the meaning of that message? is that affect the final result of my simulation? 
      Thank you, Love from Indonesia 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The mesher tries to create elements that meet many shape quality criteria but it is unable to do so with your geometry.

Click on Mesh, under the Quality category is Mesh Metric. Select one such as skewness and the Mesh Metrics window will open where you can look at where the worst skewed elements are in your mesh and how bad is the metric. If the elements have unacceptable quality and are in the area of peak stress, then you should add mesh controls to refine the mesh in that region.

Sometimes, you can help the mesher make good quality elements by deleting unimportant faces such as the outside rounds on all the flat plates.

• nahyerz
      Subscriber

thankyou sir, its works

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.