April 11, 2022 at 10:37 ampowerteqqSubscriber
I'm modelling rigid structure impacting level ice field with cohesive elements. To simulate buoyancy forces, water is modeled as ALE. Everything works fine except water - it is disappearing in compression by vacuum mesh. For water I use EOS Gruneisen and MAT_NULL. For air I use MAT_VACUUM with low density (1e-12). What is the reason for this I can't understand. Look at the pictures below.April 14, 2022 at 9:34 amApril 19, 2022 at 4:08 pmtslavikAnsys EmployeeCheck the velocity of the surface nodes on the ALE mesh. Non-zero velocity indicates fluid is flowing out of the mesh. Use *BOUNDARY_SPC_SET or *ALE_ESSENTIAL_BOUNDARY to enforce no-flow conditions.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.