June 5, 2023 at 3:20 amll00023Subscriber
I am modeling coal combustion with DPM model in 2D RANS case.
the coal particle contains water and evaporation temperature is set to 600 K.
when coal particle is delivered to the reactor, the temperature is 300K. but the water is still released in 1 bar, about 1.5% mass fraction;
I have searched the help documentary: based on the Law 2, water should not be released. so why this happened.
June 5, 2023 at 3:27 amll00023Subscriber
"The onset of the vaporization law is determined by the setting of Tvap"
based on this statement, does it mean if one particle reaches Tp > Tvap, then it applies to all particles?
June 5, 2023 at 3:06 pmRobAnsys Employee
Which material did you set Tvap = 600K for? Screen shots of the panels may help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.