January 3, 2023 at 4:04 pmzahra mansouriSubscriber
i am working on waveguide simulation in fdtd and mode solution lumerical. i have a cylinderical waveguide. with mode solution i get the neff and so i have propagation lenght of that. then i design the waveguide in fdtd solution and i use mode source for exciting a special mode that i calculateed propagation lenght for it. but here i cant see the propagation lenght that i calculated in previous step.
my designed propagation lenght is 2 micron. in fdtd i draw a 4micron lenght waveguide and i excite it with only one mode but i cant see attenuation of wave.
can anyone help me?
January 3, 2023 at 7:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This is a duplicate post. Please refer the original reply: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/waveguide-simulation-in-fdtd-solution/#post-245428
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.