January 27, 2022 at 7:56 pmninabilaSubscriber
in the simulation of taylor couette flow, the secondary flow(the wavy vortex flow), is an unsteady problem.
I want to khow, how to initialize the transient simulations with the result of a steady-state simulation?
Best regards.January 28, 2022 at 10:50 amNikhil NaraleAnsys EmployeeHello,
Load the .cas and .dat file of the steady state solution. Switch to transient solver from 'General'. Set up parameters for transient simulation (time step size, number of time steps, etc.). Save the .cas and .dat file. Do not initialize, simply run the simulation.
Hope this helps.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Exporting Data Results
- Floating point exception
Top Rated Tags