TAGGED: eigenmode, EME, Lumerical-Mode, mmi
January 30, 2023 at 4:55 pm
January 30, 2023 at 9:09 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
When more than one waveguides are included in the port, due to mode degeneracy, you may not be able to find the case that each waveguide supports a specified mode. You will need to add a port for each waveguide, and make the port span as large as possible without creating mode from the adjacent waveguide. The port cannot just have the same size as the waveguide core, since the mode has tails. You may also need to confrim the mode is what you desire, by visualizing the mode profile. Or you can use "user select" and calculate the mode, and just choose the one that you expect.
If this is a slot waveguide, you just only need to increase the port span to find the slot mode.
In any case, you will need to justify the mode is correct.
I guess this is EME simulation.
February 1, 2023 at 12:37 am
February 1, 2023 at 12:47 am
February 1, 2023 at 4:21 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The index minitor data can be viewed after simulation.
Please try this example. Make sure the monitor is inside the simulation region.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.