Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Weird DesignModeler glitch when sketching

• cvalenciaa
      Subscriber
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Looks like your geometry extends are too big. Can you please try on smaller scale. nAlso please check graphics hardware requirement on the website. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • cvalenciaa
      Subscriber
      Hi, it happens at every scale, from milimetres to meters. Maybe it could be a grahics card issue, I have a desktop GTX 1050 with only 2 GB of VRAMn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      More likely it's drivers or setting. If you can, update the drivers, and note supported (ie we know these work) cards are listed here https://www.ansys.com/solutions/solutions-by-role/it-professionals/platform-support Note, a card that is not listed may work, but may also exhibit odd behaviour, we just haven't tried it. nThe scale issue is (I think) confusion about using commas and fullstops for decimal places: 7,500 is either seven and a half or seven thousand five hundred depending on where you are located. n
    • cvalenciaa
      Subscriber
      I do have the latest drivers installed, mi card isn't on the list and the scale thing is what you say, the decimal place is separated by a comma.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You might be stuck then, not all cards are powerful enough to run the graphics. I've seen similar effects on low spec lab machines but not on anything recently. Can you check you're using the graphics card and not a motherboard graphics processor (tends to be laptops only). n
    • cvalenciaa
      Subscriber
      I do think it is the card, it's a below entry level from a couple years ago and yes I am using it I don't have onboard or integrated graphics on this processor, it's a PC not a laptop.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.