TAGGED: aws-amazon, cloud, Gateway
April 26, 2023 at 3:14 pmAshwini KumarAnsys Employee
Welcome to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS
Ansys Gateway powered by AWS is an AWS Cloud Provisioning tool for Ansys customers to create and manage HPC clusters on the Cloud with minimal technical skills. Please see the Documentation Chapter– Getting Started with Ansys Gateway powered by AWS Just to streamline the process covered in detail in the documentation, here are some helpful hints and links:What is Ansys Gateway powered by AWS
Simply put, Ansys Gateway powered by AWS is HPC provisioning tool to simplify the process of creating Virtual Machines (VM) and clusters on demand without any programming.
How to Access Ansys Gateway powered by AWS
- Visit Getting Started with Ansys Gateway powered by AWS - YouTube where you can find multiple videos on how to manage, connect to machines on Gateway, and submit jobs.
- You need to have an AWS account. If you don’t have an AWS account, your IT department should be able to assist you in getting one activated.
You can submit a request to your AWS Tenant administrator to subscribe to the Ansys Gateway powered by AWS service through the AWS marketplace here and self-onboard [read further].Tenant Administrator:
Simulation Project Manager/Power User
- Review the onboarding pre-requisite material, which is available at Ansys Gateway powered by AWS: Onboarding Overview and Prerequisites. Ansys Gateway requires an Active Directory for user authentication for Gateway web portal/Control plane and for machines created on Gateway. This onboarding is a self-service process and you can find documentation to support you on our Ansys Help page. @Matt Madore from Ansys is a great resource to help here. We will be happy to do a quick chime meeting to sort out any issues.
- Three roles are managed in Ansys Gateway: 1) Tenant admin, 2) Simulation Project Manager and 3) Simulation Users. Find more about the roles
- The Ansys Gateway Support Forum is 24hrs a day during the week so you can get quick feedback for any of your questions.
- Gateway Documentation is available from gateway site or from Ansys Help - Administration Documentation - Specifying AWS Account Information
- Adding Availability Zones where your latest instances are available
- Setting up Project Space(s)—this could be one or many [each based on project, group, etc.]
- Provide access to Gateway via AD
- Connecting to Ansys Licenses: You can connect to your existing Ansys Licenses or create a temporary license server. If you need additional help, please contact technical support or submit your question on this Forum.
- For each project space, you can add users: Empower your team as power users so that they can create their own resources [VDI, Clusters]. Once you get the feel for it, you can create VMs for them to use. These VMs can become their virtual workstations!
- Set a budget limit on each project space.
- Review Best Practices for Managing Costs
- Getting Started with Ansys Gateway powered by AWS - YouTube has multiple videos on how to connect to machines on Gateway and submit jobs.
- Since this tenant is in your environment, please feel free to solve your production runs.
- First preference is to visit the Ansys Gateway forum: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/forum/installation-and-licensing/ansys-gateway/ Questions can be asked to the forum
- It is also possible to log a new Service Request (SR) via the Customer Portal at https://support.ansys.com. This is monitored continuously by our team.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- Find solutions to common issues
- Learn about known issues and limitations
- For help with questions or issues not covered in this guide, visit the Learning Forum at https://forum.ansys.com/forums/forum/discuss-simulation/ansys-gateway/. You can also access the forum directly from the main toolbar in Ansys Gateway powered by AWS. Questions can be asked to the forum
- Ansys Gateway powered by AWS on www.ansys.com
- Published Blogs:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- (0x8007052E): The user name or password is incorrect
- Some of the instance types are greyed out and cannot be selected.
- Ansys Gateway powered by AWS – Minimum Technical Skills
- ADConnector Installation Fails due to .NET
- Unable to install Service.
- About Multi-domain support
- How does metering work?
- What is the average time to set an HPC cluster up?
- How do I enable multiple screens in an RDP session?
- Welcome to Ansys Gateway Powered by AWS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.