October 24, 2022 at 2:29 pmLuke.dykstraSubscriber
I am working on a tank lifting confiduration and trying to simulate lifting of a generator tank. The lift lug and welds have been modeled as solids as shown in the screen shots. The tank side wall stiffeners are currently mid-surfaced. I have tried to connect these using a bonded contact but seems to create inaccruate results with high stress concentrations between the surface and solid. I was hoping someone with more experience in ANSYS simulation would be able to provide feedback on how to best connect a surface to a solid that provides acceptable stress and strain results.
The welded connection to the surface body would be only at the imprint shown.
Any feedback or additional information on the best way to connect these bodies would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
October 24, 2022 at 2:51 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Break the contact patch into three rectangular patches by extending the inner line on the long patch.
Extract the forces going though each patch and use those forces to do a hand calculation on the weld stress.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.