September 30, 2020 at 3:51 pmOguzhanASubscriberHow can I add weld imperfection my model?n
October 15, 2020 at 7:55 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeeA common technique is to use submodelling. Keep in mind that the stress at a zero radius (sharp) corner will not converge. It is theoretically infinite. In submodelling the weld is not accurately modeled intially. Then a small submodel is cut out of the initial model and the initial model displacements on the cut faces are mapped to the more accurate model of the weld in the submodel. n
October 22, 2020 at 2:38 pmOguzhanASubscriberhi ! Thanks for answer. But could you explain more details? I did'not understand.nRegardsnOguzhann
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.