October 23, 2018 at 3:13 pmsameerfaresSubscriber
What are the material properties needed to simulate the weld behavior? This is electrode 70 that is used for the filler material. Weld material has a yield strength of 57000 psi and ultimate tensile strength of 70,000 psi.
October 23, 2018 at 3:15 pmKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Moving to structural mechanics category for better response.
October 23, 2018 at 3:20 pm
October 23, 2018 at 3:26 pmsameerfaresSubscriber
I am asking about the Weld material physical properties that i need to put inside the Engineering Data A2.
October 23, 2018 at 3:34 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Properties you want to use are dependent on the material models you are using and the analysis type you are carrying out.
See this example for sample material properties. You can start with Elastic and use a BISO plastic Material model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.