June 22, 2021 at 1:33 pmLoveSubscriberJune 22, 2021 at 5:51 pmKyleAnsys Employee
Regarding the DM Laser, this element uses a dynamical laser model to determine the output power as a function of time. The model is described on this element's documentation page:
For the second question, is this the result from the oscilloscope after the waveguide? If so, yes, I think this is because the loss is very high in the waveguide. With a loss of 300 dB/m and a length of 1 m there will be a 300 dB loss, which will essentially result in zero transmission.
June 22, 2021 at 6:18 pmLoveSubscriberHi, kjohnson Thank you for replying to me. I wonder why there is a spike in the first transmission graph.
June 29, 2021 at 1:07 amKyleAnsys Employee
The spike must be due to the dynamical laser model. It looks like there is some ringing behaviour after the modulation is changed abruptly before settling into the steady state laser output power.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.