August 23, 2022 at 12:23 pm1031553Subscriber
Is there a specific license for GPU activation in Fluent?
I'm building a workstation with around 24 CPUcores and i would like to have two GPU to accelerate the simulation . I will be using the workstation for CFD multiphase and heat transfer models. I was wondering what GPU could function best for my application. and is there a specific license for multiple GPU use in general or it could work normally with any license including student version?
Do i need a HPC lisence for such cases ?
August 23, 2022 at 2:38 pmRobAnsys Employee
GPU requires the Research or Commercial keys, not sure quite what the licence set up is at present. GPU is not currently supported by Student. With 24 cpu cores you'll also need Reseach and parallel packs: Student only supports 4 cores.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.