March 13, 2021 at 1:13 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeStructure and analysis groups are very convenient for customized analysis, parameter sweeps and optimization, and in general they provide a good way to organize objects in your simulation when dealing with complex structures. The object library provides many ready-to-use groups but you can build your own.nGenerally, when you create these groups you want to make sure that the properties of the objects inside can only be accessed through the group properties. For example, if your group is composed by an array of spheres it is convenient to make sure that the radius of one of them cannot be changed by editing it separately. This helps to keep track of the setup, especially if you are dealing with a large number of objects. To prevent changes to child object from being saved, check the option construction group as shown below. When the construction group option is used, objects inside the group can only be added through the group?s setup script, so an object outside the group cannot be added to it.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.