General Mechanical

General Mechanical

What is a grounded node which is created by Ansys itself?

• musakucukali
      Subscriber

Hey guys,

I have a half wing model to conduct an analysis. There are only bonded contacts in connections. When I conduct the analysis, I got the following warning. I wonder what is the meaning of it regarding finite element.

Thank you in advance!

*** WARNING ***

For element 370990 the element connectivity is 0 and 959779. The node which is identified as 0 will be a grounded node.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Ansys does not allow a node number 0 and hence the warning.
      Regards Ashish Khemka

• musakucukali
      Subscriber
      ,I mean how can any node have a number 0 in the first place? I thought ANSYS doesn't allot any node a number 0 when meshing.
      And what does grounded mean? Does it mean that that this node is giving displacements and rotations about all the axes equal to zero by ANSYS iteslf during solution?
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Do you have joints defined in the analysis? The warning may be related to MPC184 elements. Can you share the snapshot of your setup?
      MPC184 (ansys.com)
      Regards Ashish Khemka
    • musakucukali
      Subscriber

First of all, I would like to let you know that I'm sorry for that much late response and thank you for your reply.
      I have many joints defined in the analysis, MPC184 helped. Actually I wanted to learn the basics behind these kind of warnings. Thank you for your guidance!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.