Ansys Products

Ansys Products

What is a Script Error with about 22 windows when trying to launch Mechanical within Workbench?

• Phil J
      Subscriber

A number of student are receiving a script error this semester when trying to launch Mechanical from within Workbench. I do not know what is causing it. To eliminate the error, we use the Microsoft Task Manager to stop the launching of Mechanical and delete their roaming ANSYS profile folder.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Phil,nCould you please post the pic of the error as we are not permitted to open files.nWhat version is being used also?nThanks You.nGeon
    • Phil J
      Subscriber
      Sure. Geo.nn
    • Phil J
      Subscriber
      Oops. We are using ANSYS 2020R2.nPhiln
    • Phil J
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo,nI was just checking in to see if you were able to see my screen shot of the script error.nThanks,nPhiln
    • Phil J
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo,nThe error occurred again today in Ms. Jill Johnson's class. This is the message I received from Ms. Johnson. They were not using the Weblabs application. It happened while in the computer lab.nHi Phil! nI had this happen to one of my students for the first time today! nWe messed around with a few things, like going to different PCs and checking the storage on his V and X drives and we didn't get anywhere. I had him put in a help request to IT to have them reset the ANSYS files in his profile, but I suspect you've already tried this and have had no luck. He was working on the Allen Wrench lab when it happened, which is the first non-linear lab we do in my FEA course.nFor now, I have him working with another student, but if you get any help back from ANSYS, let me know what you find. nJill n
    • Phil J
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo,nI am just following up the script error we are receiving in Mechanical. It continues to plague us here at Penn State University, Erie.nThanks,nPhiln
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,nI apologize for the delay.nCan you try the following:nAs the user seeing the issue, close all ANSYS Programs.nbrowse to the following:n%APPDATA%\AnsysnRename the v202 directory to: v202.oldnNow, try again.nBest Regards,nGeon
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      If that does not work, please check the following thread:nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/11845/getting-a-script-error-code-80004005-line-45377n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.