February 24, 2022 at 6:01 amMariah HaSubscriber
Can anyone please explain what is In, Ip and Id in charge solver? The "I" results is obviously the total current of the structure. "In" is normally the electron current, but if so, why the curve is different when I plot the result "In" from the anode , it is different from "In" plotted from the cathode side. Same for "Ip" and "Id".
tahnk you.February 24, 2022 at 8:33 pmFebruary 25, 2022 at 4:03 amMariah HaSubscriberThank you very much for your answer I appreciate. I just have one concern regarding the total current "I" . There is an "I" in the cathode and an "I" in the anode which are not the same when I plot them which means there are different and they don't refer for the total current in the whole photodiode. If that's right , then how would I calculate the total current in the photodiode, is it the sum of "I" cathode and "I" anode?
February 25, 2022 at 5:56 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeHow large the difference is? Since this is discrete method, they may not be exactly the same. I tested this case: GaAs pin diode - Lumerical Support
I would suggest that you do a mesh convergence test.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.