Tagged: cyclic-symmetry, harmonic-index, modal-analysis
February 12, 2022 at 12:41 pmamir_aboodiSubscriber
I have done modal analysis on a bladed disk of a steam turbine with 96 blades. In that analysis, I just determined the number of mode shapes. Then Ansys listed the frequencies in order. But then I decided to use cyclic symmetry and modeled a sector with one blade that had 3.75 degrees. In the setting, in addition to a number of mode shapes, it has the number of "harmonic indices". After the calculation, it gives frequencies in each harmonic index. My question is what are these "harmonic indices" and what is the relation between "full model frequencies and mode shapes" with "the cyclic symmetric ones"?
I really appreciate any comments.
Thank you very much.February 14, 2022 at 5:32 amVinayak VipradasAnsys Employee
Please refer to the following link to read about Harmonic Index and how it is used in Modal Cyclic Symmetry Analysis:
4.1. Modal Cyclic Symmetry Analysis (ansys.com)
How to access the ANSYS Online Help ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
February 16, 2022 at 12:11 pmamir_aboodiSubscriber
Thank you very much for your help. I have read that but still I can't understand the meaning of harmonic index. In that text, I recognized the relationship between nodal diameter and harmonic index but why in full model (360┬░) there is no request for determination of harmonic index. I have three questions:
1. Is 'harminic index' equivalent to nodal circle? ( When nodes are positioned in a circular shape)
2. How many harmonic index should be considered?
3. What is the relationship between cyclic symmetric modeling and harmonic index?
Thanks for any help.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.