November 30, 2018 at 1:48 pmlakshmiSubscriber
What is the meaning of the term 'negative volume' that is related to meshing? How to find where this negative volume is?
November 30, 2018 at 3:16 pmpaguadoAnsys Employee
Negative volume means that there are cells whose vertices are distributed in such a way that bounding faces are i.e. intersecting each other or they are wrongly oriented (i.e. normals towards the inside). In ANSYS Meshing you can for instance plot Orthogonal Quality and Skewness and you will see poor quality cells associated with such elements. They can be caused by a dirty geometry (very sharp corners, very distorted surfaces,etc.) or invalid mesh methods. To identify the problem try to find which geometry or meshing feature is causing it and modify the operations applied.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Mathematical model stuck at 1% with a warning of remote displacement