TAGGED: ansys-aqwa, aqwa, hydrostatic, hydrostatics
January 25, 2022 at 10:00 amAbdul_4Subscriber
I am working on floating bodies using ANSYS AQWA and hydrostatic part been solved in free floating condition. To check the floating conditions and buoyancy force which volumetric displacement should I consider?
Thank you.January 28, 2022 at 2:21 pmMike PettitAnsys EmployeeThe actual volumetric displacement is the fluid displacement of the structure calculated by Aqwa, based on the diffracting surface mesh and any line bodies. The equivalent volumetric displacement is the total mass of the structure divided by the water density. These two values will be equal if the structure is in hydrostatic equilibrium.
February 1, 2022 at 6:02 amAbdul_4SubscriberThank you for the response Mike.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.