March 8, 2022 at 11:07 amRifaat93Subscriber
I was wondering what is the difference in a reduced damped system and a fully damped system in a modal analysis ?
because i currently want to run a harmonic response analysis and use the damping from modal analysis ?March 8, 2022 at 12:21 pmSahil SuraAnsys Employee
For the Reduced damped solver, first few complex damped eigen values are transformed by a small number of eigen vectors of undamped systems by Modal transformation. Once the undamped modes are evaluated, the equations of motion are transferred to the modal co-ordinates. i.e. This property enables you to solve and store a damped modal system as an undamped modal system.
For Fully damped solver, full Stiffness, Mass and Damping matrices are evaluated.
Both these are suitable for symmetric as well as asymmetric models. But each one has its own merits and demerits based on accuracy and solution time.
You may refer to the following links for more information-
Solver Controls (ansys.com)
Modal Analysis (ansys.com)
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.