March 9, 2022 at 5:00 amMariah HaSubscriber
I would like to ask about the meaning of "preserve surface "parameter when you right click on an object in the geometry (charge solver). What happens if I don't enable "preserve surface" ?March 9, 2022 at 8:29 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi,
Enabling the preserve surface option for a geometry ensures it is defined as a separate object, which is especially useful when the object and its neighbors have the same material assigned to them. This for example can allow you to apply a boundary condition to this geometry only and not to the other objects around it.
I would recommend looking into Lumerical's courses on Ansys Learning Hub as it includes similar information about the product's settings (for instance the preserve surface option mentioned here) and should allow you to get up to speed with the software more quickly.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.