April 13, 2023 at 6:35 amMariah HaSubscriber
I am simulating a photodiode in Charge, transient, with optical generation inmported from FDTD. For one simulation, I keep getting this error message despite that the simulation ran successfully and 100% is shown in the window. The "DATA file " is also there in the same folder. This erroe does not show any divergence issue or memory issue. What does it mean? Is it related to the hardware ?
April 13, 2023 at 6:13 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It seems this is a common warning message for certain finite element mesh. You will find some results from google by searching "bad termination of one of your application processes."
It might indicate that process is not needed or some jon schedule issue.
You may try to slightly modify the mesh settings, such as round up the "min edge length", or use a consgraint local mesh.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.