November 18, 2020 at 4:15 pmAGAAMAZSubscriberhello every bodynIn the experiment of solar still it is put in the sun for example from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PMnin the modeling by fluent what is the physical difference bt. steady and transient time solvernhow the program deals with it if steady and if transientnand how i put that period in the fluent from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PMnthanks in advancen
November 19, 2020 at 12:01 pmRobForum ModeratorSteady means the solution is the equilibrium of all the conditions, and these are constant. Transient means the solution can change with time, as can the inputs (boundary conditions). Depending on the model you may find the flow/energy field time scale is of the order of fractions of seconds, so think carefully whether you can assume it's steady state but use several models to check the still efficiency. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.