Fluids

Fluids

What is the reason of weird temperature distribution over the wall.

• msapkal0007
      Subscriber
      Hello there,I am Mayur, a beginner ANSYS learner. I just ran a simulation with suitable boundary conditions to observe how the temperature distribution on the walls appears. The fluid's inlet temperature is around 5 degrees Celsius, and the wall's heat flux is zero. That indicates that after some time, the walls should be at the same temperature, yet the temperature is exceeding 4000k, which is unrealistic. After that, I made some changes to the design and added another feature, and it worked. I just wanted to know why I was getting such weird temperature values in the initial simulation?
      Note: The mesh image depicts a whole body made up of a solid (white mesh) and a fluid body (green mesh).

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      If you compare your first setup with your final (working) fine: what did you change.
      Note: Your mesh resolution is very coarse.
      It seems that solid and fluid are connected via interfaces: can you verify the interface connection?
    • msapkal0007
      Subscriber
      If you compare your first setup with your final (working) fine: what did you change.
      --> I just added Bumps to the design, as shown in the image

2.Note: Your mesh resolution is very coarse.
      I have attempted fine meshing but results are same.
      3. It seems that solid and fluid are connected via interfaces: can you verify the interface connection?
      Please see the accompanying image.

Note: For both designs, I kept the heat flux at zero.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.