May 27, 2022 at 12:44 pm
May 30, 2022 at 6:57 amSahil SuraAnsys Employee
Selecting a type of analysis depends on many factors (type of physics, time dependency, types of loads, non-linearities) and might be a crucial step.
If the load is constant and does not vary with time, Static Analyses serve as a great solution. But if the load varies with time, Transient Analyses are used.
Linear analysis assumes the a constant Modulus of elasticity though the material behaves in a non-linear fashion after the failure criterion. (Yield point for ductile materials.) In such cases the stiffness matrix is constant and is independent of the displacement matrix. Where as non-linear analysis includes non-linearities such as - material non-linearity, geometric non-linearity, contact non-linearity.
You can find more information on each analysis type in the references mentioned below.
Analysis Types (ansys.com)
Hope that helps!
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.