March 14, 2022 at 4:47 amcindyanSubscriber
Hi, I am quite confused w the option of Steady State Thermal and Transient Thermal. If I want to have a graph of heat flux vs time, which one should I choose? Or both are actually available to get the graph. Besides, I would like to know how to obtain the values for thermal conductivity, thermal capacity and thermal diffusivity.March 15, 2022 at 2:43 amNikhil TamhankarAnsys EmployeeHi To get any plot vs Time, you need to solve for the transient solution assuming you are using Icepak for this, and then use the Heat Flux Face monitor for it. You can plot the thermal conductivity Kx, Ky and Kz values on a cut plane or other face. Material properties in general are user inputs and not solved variables. You can refer to any heat transfer text book to obtain them.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.