LS Dyna

LS Dyna

What properties are required for custom Aluminium foam material in Explicit dynamics?

• Ravi_209
      Subscriber
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, have you tried crushable foam material model? https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/exd_ag/ds_ex_mat_porocrush.html?q=6.10.1.%20Porosity-Crushable%20Foam. It takes max principal stress vs. volumetric strain curve.n
    • ramgopisetti
      Subscriber
      i hope you have the some primary knowledge of LSPREPOST and setting up an keyword file, so just follow the nThe table that you showed belongs to the MAT_MODIFIED_HONEYCOMB and it is supported by LSDYNA.nAll the values with respective to the above are already with you, you just need to run for all respective densities. In card 3 of this material you will be entering the last wo column values with respective to the densities. nNow that you have all the values you need to add the Damage or Erosion Criteria, Say 0.28-0.32 would be great for effective plastic strain failure of the aluminium, so you need to add Mat ADD EROSION and set the EFFEPS to an value of 0.2  and set the MID to the number of the ENHANCED HONEYCOMB, Comment down your response for Further help. nCheers, nRam n
    • Ravi_209
      Subscriber
      hello, sir,you are right these data belong to LS-Dyna, but I want to perform on Ansys. That's why I am asking how to set these data on Ansys.n
    • ramgopisetti
      Subscriber
      Unfortunatly, this material card is only supported in LSDYNA, However, you can set the basic boundary condtions and meshign in Ansys LSDYNA Addon and export into a k file and from there your can add this material model and run it usign k-runner,All this is possible with some experties and help,nComment you progress for futher help.nCheers,nRamn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.