Fluids

Fluids

What should I do in order to make sure that air keeps its initial position in the trench?

• Austin_p
      Subscriber

Utilizing patch, I set the initial position of the air inside of the trench. (outside of the red area is water flow)

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Why wouldn't the water entrain the air out of the trench?
    • Austin_p
      Subscriber

Thanks for leaving a comment! :D
      Actually, I have no idea about that reason.
      What I am eager to do is to lock the location of the air in the trench and not for the water to invade the trench while conducting many iterations.
      I expected just the interaction between water and air while keeping their initial location (water for channel and air for trench) in order to achieve couette flow in the trench.
      Therefore, the idea that comes to my mind was to delete water in trench and air in channel (both of them are included in cell zone condition setup menu)
      However, the problem is that it is not possible to remove those materials in cell zone condition setup menu.
      Would you please suggest a solution to deal with this problem????
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you use a multiphase model the phases will interact. If the two fluids do not interact then you can use single phase, but you need a wall between the fluids and then also need to set the cell zone material correctly.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.