June 12, 2018 at 9:23 amh395523899Subscriber
1, need to run Fluent, and structural mechanics analysis.
Fluent's grid number is between 5 million and 10 million.
2. At the same time, our laboratory also needs to run self programming such as matlab, so it needs high frequency as the main reference, and multi-core as the secondary reference.
I have two ideas now.
1, single cpu, more than 4 Hz, more than six cores, for example i7-8700k
2, dual cpu, above 3.5 Hz, more than each quad-core, such as Xeon Gold 5122
Do not know which scheme is better
Within the budget of $ 7000, the brand or its own assembly can be. Our main domestic brands are Dell and HP.
Due to different purchasing power in different countries,
Dell (DELL) T7820/T7810 graphics workstation desktop computer host (Gold 5118 ? two ? 24 core 48 threads 64G ? 512G + 4T ? P2000 4G graphics card)
Amazon sells for $7,180.60
June 12, 2018 at 11:14 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I answered a similar question but without the Amazon info in another thread.
Please reply with the link to the Amazon item.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.