LS Dyna

LS Dyna

When 2 or more objects are there how to use different strain limit for different material?

• maurya
      Subscriber
      Hello sirn How to use different strain rate for different material in same modal.nFor example Aluminum, steel and Carbon fiber are there, all are having different strain limit.nPlease guide me.nThank youn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nDo you want to delete elements from different materials after they reach their respective strain limits? You could do this using the EKill option. Chech this https://simutechgroup.com/performing-ekill-element-death-in-ansys-workbench-mechanical-model/.nnRegards,nIshan.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nDoes EKill work with the Explicit Dynamics solver?n
    • maurya
      Subscriber
      Hello sir peteroznewmann I did not try it, today I will. I will inform you as I will try.nThank you for your anticipation.nn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Array,nNo, I don't think the APDL code snippet would work for Explicit which uses Autodyn. My bad!! I thought the simulation is being run in transient. Array In explicit you could set up failure strain limits for each material and then use on material failure under erosion setting. Am I right Peter?nRegards,nIshann
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nhas written what I expect is required to have failure occur at individual material limits.n
    • maurya
      Subscriber
      Hello sir n I am not getting how to put an individual geometric limit on each material.nI am using Glass fiber, Aluminum, and steel, So how?nBut this is overall for all.nThank youn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nChange the highlighted Yes to a No.n
    • maurya
      Subscriber
      Hello sir @peteroznewmann When I changed it to No, I am not getting the option where to fill the Strain limit to other material. nOr it take the values from the engineering data.nthank younn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nIt takes the values from properties for that material in Engineering Data.n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.