November 4, 2018 at 2:29 pmh395523899Subscriber
I am using ICEM to create a 3D model
This 3D model is a cuboid with a circle in the middle of the model.
When I created the face, I chose 2-4curves, first click on the four sides of the quad and then click on the edge of the circle.
The figure produces two faces, the middle face and the rest of the rectangle.
I created a part for each face. When I chose not to display the part corresponding to the two faces, I found that there is a face around the circle.
1. Is this normal?
2. How to deal with this error if it is not normal.
3. If it is normal, is this extra face and the round face created as the same part?.
The middle green line has no effect
November 6, 2018 at 9:19 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
When creating surfaces please create in different patches. Please avoid using inner loop and outer loop for creating surface. So please create two surfaces instead of one surface.
Also ICEM is really not a tool for creating 3D geometries. The geometry tools are basic. You can use SpaceClaim for geometry operations. Its very easy to use tool. You can check various videos on SpaceClaim on youtube as well as on following link.
Also, please like the answers which have helped you move forward and in the end, once your issue is resolved, please mark the most appropriate solution (most useful advice) as 'Is Solution'. This will help others who are using this thread to find answers to similar questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.