General Mechanical

General Mechanical

When i do a transient modal analysis how do i add the dampingfaktor and how do you add the load?

• Rifaat93
      Subscriber

I am trying to simulate an experiment with ansys

its a light-plate (gypsum) that is vibrated with a shaker

and i am trying to simulate it but at specific frequencies

i already got the eigenfrequencies and compred them to the experiments and it worked

then i coupled it with a transient analysis but the Question is.

after you couple it. Should just add any load or should it be a sine function with a specific frequency

but i also want to get the same deformation as its eigenmodes from the modal analysis if the function as the same frequency as its eigenfrequency

or should i just use a structural analysis couple with modal analysis?

can you guys help me ?

thank you

• Chandra Sekaran
      Ansys Employee
      Glad you are getting the right frequencies. So you are connecting the modal solution to the transient to do a 'mode superposition transient' analysis. In this transient you can apply any load as a function of time. It could be a sine wave at a particular frequency or it could be some other variation in time. ANSYS will automatically figure out how to combine the mode shapes from the modal analysis for the load you applied and combine the mode shapes to get a response. I did not follow what you mean by "but i also want to get the same deformation as its eigenmodes from the modal analysis if the function as the same frequency as its eigenfrequency" . Please provide more details.
    • Rifaat93
      Subscriber
      thank you for your answer
      What i meant that i wanted the modes to appear in the total deformation in the transient analysis
      but i meant for example if i wanted a specific mode ro appear in the transient analysis. Should i choose a sine wave with the same frequency. Or is there another certain way to do that ?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.