When I evaluate a result, why do I get the following error message : “You have a result that is atta
October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys EmployeeThe message you're seeing is telling you that you're not allowed to scope a results object to a face that is shared between two bodies that are joined together as a multi-body part.When two bodies are joined this way, they share topology (the nodes that comprise that face are nodes that belong to both bodies). Thus, when you request what's known as an element-nodal result (like stress), which pulls results from element integration points, we wouldn't know which elements to pull from (from elements on body A or elements on body B), and these could be very different stresses! There is a workaround you can try, particularly if the materials are of a similar nature. You could select the face in question (so that it turns green), then right click in the graphics area and choose to create a Named Selection. Then, go to that new Named Selection in your tree and right click on it. Here you'll have the option to create a Nodal Named Selection from that face. This is a Named Selection of the nodes that comprise that face, rather than the face itself.Then, you can create a results object, and at the top of the details section, choose to scope it to a Named Selection rather than a Geometry Selection. In this case, you'll be able to scope it to your nodal Named Selection and see stress results on those nodes. You have to be careful about using this option particularly in the case that the two bodies have different materials with very different properties (like a rubber and a steel). In any case, just be sure to check your results carefully to ensure they make sense.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- What causes the following Warning message to be issued: “material XXX has a crack softening property
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- If SCDM issues the message “Cannot open the document. Reason: Failed to load body geometry.” and the
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- How can I get displacements, stresses and plastic strains at the integration points for a shell mode
- In SpaceClaim, when I take section of the assembly, it is not recognizing all parts. How to identify