September 1, 2023 at 8:59 am
September 4, 2023 at 1:32 pmAshish KumarForum Moderator
Did you try using the suggested modification?
September 4, 2023 at 1:40 pmxiaolong dingSubscriber
Thanks for your reply，
Yes, I have suggested increasing or decreasing the Boolean tolerance. However, no matter how you do it, you will still get an error, and the code will run very slowly when the tolerance is relaxed to a certain extent. I found an example on Github where I reported the same error, but it was caused by a small area minus a large area causing the return value to be null. But I'm constantly cycling with boolean operations subtracting small areas from large areas, which shouldn't be his kind of problem. By the way, this error doesn't start in my code's for loop, but halfway through.
September 11, 2023 at 3:34 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
Hi @xiaolong Please see the Mechanical APDL Help manual on Modeling & Meshing. There is a section that discusses topological degeneracy with images of some situations that can cause them. Not all can be solved by changing the BTOL. With these you'll need to rethink the modeling steps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
- Acoustics model in Ansys 18.1
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.