August 22, 2017 at 11:06 pmNabarajSubscriber
I am intending to model helicopter downwash in Fluent.
Currently, I am using Ansys Student 18.1 (Free Version).
I want to use the Virtual Blade Modeler to model the helicopter rotor as mentioned in the ansys fluent brochure.
It would be great if someone could direct me where I can get the tutorial/manual and the related UDF files for Virtual Blade Model Plugins.
September 14, 2017 at 10:04 pmpglAnsys Employee
The Virtual Blade Modeler referenced in the Fluent brochure was developed by a customer, Terrafugia to solve a specific problem, illustrating that such a plugin can be developed. This Virtual Blade Modeler is not a feature that we (ANSYS) provides for use with Fluent. Here's the brochure reference in context:
- "...In designing a roadable aircraft, Terrafugia developed a virtual blade modeler that plugged in to Fluent and created additional capabilities to model the aircraft’s propeller...."
Terrafugia is developing some very interesting flying cars, see here: https://www.terrafugia.com/about-terrafugia/. You should feel free to reach out to them to ask about their Virtual Blade Model.
Related, user "teymour" posted a VMB methodoligy and tutorial over on CFD-Online. The tutorial can be found here.
Hope this helps.
September 15, 2017 at 4:46 amNabarajSubscriber
Thanks for the reply and the interesting links.
September 15, 2017 at 8:38 pmpglAnsys Employee
My pleasure. I hope this proves useful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.