August 4, 2023 at 4:39 pmLucas CavalcanteSubscriber
I am using optisLang via workbench to run some parametric optimization studies on heat exchanger designs. Currently I am interested in running some CFD validation of the optimization results but I cannot find where the design points are contained.
I have set up a work flow where the parameters of the excel sheet (OptisLang medium) are connected to the geometry in order to automatically update it and run CFD. I see that I can select the design points individually on the pareto front and it will show me the parameter values. However, on the pareto front, I can select design ~#2000 but my design points in the parameter set only go up to ~#1300.
Where would I be able to find the proposed designs of the optimizer to update my workflow to run some CFD validation?
August 9, 2023 at 8:15 amBernd BuettnerAnsys Employee
The multi-objective optimization is mostlikly done with the surrogate model (MOP) as Solver.
Therefore no design directories or entries in the Parameterset will be created.
During the set-up in the optimization wizard you can activate the automatic validation of a certain number of design points.
Since you want to run some specific designs to can add a new sensitivity system to the scenary and import the desired Parameterset from the omdb result file as Start-Designs (please remember to deactivated the dynamic sampling to avoid unnesescary runs).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- How to export high resolution images in APDL
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.