May 26, 2022 at 7:10 pmmarhark92SubscriberI am trying to conduct FEA on fish skulls, but apparently I when I place the fixed support on rear end (image below), the maximum stress is found on it. Previous literature set the rear end of the skull to be the fixed support when applying loads forward to the front end of skull. I attached screenshots of the Results with the fixed support established on the rear end. Please advise. Thanks!
May 27, 2022 at 9:54 amSaumadeepAnsys Employee
The image that you attached doesn't give an appropriate idea of the boundary conditions. Can you provide a better idea by attaching images showing the following:
The boundary conditions
The load applied
And also can you briefly explain what is the analysis about and how it is set up.
Ansys Learning Forum (Rules & Guidelines)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.